Card Set Information
- a large of country or of the world, usually without exact limits
efforts to bring peace to the region.
a tropical region.
a region of brain
-worth the money paid
-importance / usefulness
The alterations doubled the value of the house.
The lunch special is really good value.
the nutritional value of cereal
Your attitudes about sex are affected by your religious and moral values.
What attracted me most to the job was the chance to travel.
I guess it was his eyes that attracted me first.
- to respect and like someone because they have done something that you think is good
I really admire the way she bring up those kids all on her own.
admire s.b. for (doing) s.t.
-to make known something that was previously secret or unknown
He may be prosecuted for revealing secrets about the security agency.
a test that can reveal a teacher's hidden skills
He revealed that he had been in prison twice before.
- to hide something carefully
The shadows concealed her as she crept up to the house.
The path was concealed by long grass.
She tried to conceal the fact that she was pregnant.
Nothing I did would ever satisfy my father.
The program is designed to satisfy the needs of adult learners.
We spent a most agreeable couple of hours.
an agreeable young man
The main objective is to find a solution that is agreeable to the company in terms of cost.
- not real or not made of natural things but made to be like s.t. that is real or natural
- artificial behavior is not sincere
an artificial smile
- careful to do everything that it is your job or duty to do
A conscientious teacher may feel inclined to take work home.
A conscientious and hard working student
- beautiful or attractive
- very pleasant, enjoyable, or good
She had a lovely face.
What a lovely house!
Thank you fora lovely evening.
- s.o. who is lively has a lot of energy and is very active
- a place or situation that is lively is exicting because a lot of things are happening
a lively child
the city's lively nightlife
The book offers a lively account of her travels.
- precise information, details etc, clear, and correct
It was difficult to get precise information.
The precise cause of the disease is unknown.
the precise location of the ship
- to make a loud sound of fear, shock, pain etc
Why are you doing this? She cried out suddenly.
I felt too terrified to even cry out for help
- to repeat the main points of s.t. that has just been said
Let me just recap what's been discussed so far.
- the important of an event, action etc, especially because of the effects or influence it will have in the future
Stella didn't attach any significance to Doug's query.
The results of the study have a wider significance for all the profession.
- to make something return to its former state or condition
The goverment promises to restore the economy to full strength.
restore (diplomatic) relations with somebody
Vietnam restored diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 2010.