Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Color Rendering and Unit of Measure
- The term that is used to describe the appearance effect that light sources have on materials is color rendering.
- It is measured on a scale of 0-100 which is the color rendering index.
Unit that measures the accumulation (density) of light energy on a surface. (footcandle or lux)
- Unit of luminance = 1 candela per sq. ft
- Also called luminance.
- Reflectivity of light on a surface.
Spectral Power Distribution Curve
Graphs spectral characteristics of a light source, showing the radiant power of the light source at each wavelength or band of wavelengths across the visible spectrum.
Low Voltage Lamps and Operating Components
- Incandescent lamps, the lower the voltage, the less bright the light, the lamp lasts longer
- Primary component to operate a low voltage lamp: a transformer
Electric Discharge Lamps and Operating Components
- High Intensity Discharge lamps, chemicals explode and ignite to create an arc stream.
- Flourescent, mercury turns into gas and becomes ultraviolet radiation. Phosphorus coating starts glowing.
- Primary component to operate elec. dis. lamps: a ballast (regulates current and provides initial starting voltage)
Advantage of Halogen Lamp Process
- Long lamp life
- Pressure and Heat, really HOT
- 1. Tungsten boils off filament
- 2. Bromine picks up Tungsten
- 3. Returns tungsten to filament
- Take it to 100%, then you can cool it down.
For lamps that throw light everywhere
Very bright, high efficiency, strictly decorative trim
With a built in reflector.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview