The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
function of the medulla?
- Heart Rate
- Blood Pressure
function of the pons?
- Regulating body movement
function of the cerebellum?
function of the reticular activating system?
- Stimulation of this makes us Alert
- Affects arousal by increasing HR and BP
- Increases brain activity
- Can screen out some noises
function of the thalamus?
- Relay station for sensory stimulation
- Transits sensory information
- Relays sensory input from eyes/ ears to appropriate parts of brain for interpretation of input
function of the hypothalamus?
- Storage of nutrients
- Hunger and Thirst
- Various aspects of motivation and emotion
- Regulation of bdy temperature
- Sexual Behavior
- Caring for offspring
- Behaviors like fighting, mating, or nest building
function of the cerebrum?
- 70% of brain weight
- wrinkled with ridges and valleys
function of the cerebral cortex?
- Complex motor functions
- Outer layer; part that makes us uniquely human (the part that thinks)
function of the corpus callosum?
- connects the two hemispheres
- info from one side is transmitted to opposite hemisphere