The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Reverend of Salem where accusations of witchcraft began.
- Father to Betty; Uncle to Abigail Williams.
- Did not want accusations directed at his parishoiners.
- Ended up having entire community against him.
- Betty and Abigail took all his money, leaving him penniless.
- Parris's slave from Barbados.
- Girls asked her to conjure spirits.
- Was initially accused of witchcraft.
- Whipped until she confessed.
- Reverend Parris's niece who was caught dancing in the woods.
- Parents were killed by Indians.
- Had affair with John Proctor and was fired.
- Ringleader of accusers.
- Extreamly manipulative.
- Lost seven babies in childbirth.
- Wanted a scapegoat.
- Turned on her midwives.
- Daughter Ruth was "afflicted."
Mr. Thomas Putnam
- Land-grabbing heathen.
- Accused people with large acreage.
- Prompted daughter to falsely cry witchcraft on Cecil Jacobs.
- Worked for Proctors.
- Initially was official of court.
- Made "poppet" for Elizabeth Proctor.
- Tried to do right thing, caved under peer pressure.
- Had affair with Abigail Williams.
- Had weighty name in town.
- Confessed in court to affair.
- Accused of witchcraft.
- Signed name, but tore up.
- Was hanged.
- Voice of Reason.
- Said children would grow tired of game.
- Ended up accused of witchcraft.
- Partnered with Proctor against witchcraft.
- Accused Putnam of false accusations.
- Was in contempt of court.
- Would not reveal source.
- Died by being pressed to death.
- Last words were, "More weight."
- Expert in witchcraft.
- Summond to Salem by Parris.
- Found evidence of witchcraft.
- Completely changed attitude.
- Strived with accused "to lie."
- Wife of John Proctor.
- Did not completely forgive affair.
- Would never lie.
- Lied in court to save Proctor.
- Finally forgave Proctor, watched him hang.
- Main judge in trials.
- Never wanted to be found wrong.
- Felt he was doing "God's work."
- Felt justified in hanging people.