The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Cell Membrane
- Structure- Outer flexible membrane composed of lipids and phosphates
- Function- Allows certain materials to enter and leave cell, support and protect cells.
- Structure: membrane bound structure inside cell filled with chromatin (DNA)
- Function: Controls the production of proteins. Directs cell activities
- Structure: small particles of RNA and protein found throughout the cytoplasm.
- Function: Site of protein synthesis. Produce proteins.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Structure: Two forms of internal membrane systems. Rough and Smooth. Rough has ribosomes attached to it. Folded network
- Function: workspace to assemble lipids and proteins.
- Golgi Apparatus
- Structure: stack of closely connected membranes.
- Function: modifies sorts and transports proteins and other materials around the cell.
- Structure: saclike structures filled with liquid.
- Function: store materials such as water, salts, carbohydrates and proteins.Call vesicles in animal cells and much smaller.
- Structure: membrane bound structure with folded inner membranes.
- Function: convert energy stored in food to usable cellular energy, power house.
- Structure: membrane bound structure found only in plants.
- Function: capture the energy from the sun and convert it into glucose (chemical energy)
- Structure: network of tubes and filaments that are in cytoplasm or outside of cells.
- Function: Used to maintain shape and cell movement.
- Structure: Found in animal cells only, rod shaped structures near the nucleus
- Function: help organize cell division
- Structure: membrane bound organelle filled with digestive enzymes.ANIMAL CELLS ONLY
- Function: digestion and breakdown of lipids and carbohydrates and proteins into smaller cells and also involved in getting rid of old, dead cells.
- Cell Wall
- Structure: Rigid outer layer in plants only.Outside cell membrane
- Function: Provides additional support and protection.
- Structure: Jelly like substance found throughout the cell.
- Function: site of all chemical reactions, used to support organelles in cell.