Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the serviceability checks for the Airtrainer ASI?
- Ensure Pitot cover is removed
- Ensure airspeed increases on take off
- The glass is unbroken
What are the serviceability checks for the Airtrainer Altimeter?
- Altimeter is not damaged
- Ensure correct +/- 80ft
- Pitot cover removed and static vents are unblocked
- Needle moves when the pressure datum is changed
What are the serviceability checks for the Airtrainer VSI?
- Remove Pitot cover
- Ensure static vents are not blocked
- Instrument is not damaged
- Indicator is correst +/- 200ft/min
What are the actions in the event of an ASI failure?
- Maintain normal powers and attitudes
- PAN call and Gain VMC ASAP
- If icing is suspected - Pitot heat on
What are the primary and secondary indications of flight instruments?
- ASI: Primary - airspeed
- Secondary - pitch
- Altimeter: P - altitude
- S - pitch
- GMCS: P - heading
- S - bank
- AI: P - pitch + bank
- S - nil
- TSI: P - turn rate
- S - bank
- VSI: P - ROC/ ROD
- S - Pitch
How many aircraft will saturate the DME trigger circuit?
How many pulse pairs does the DME emit?
2700 per sec
What is the frequency range of the DME?
- 100 channels in the normal VOR freq range - 108 to 118 MHz
- 26 channels in 133.3 to 136.0 MHz
What is the frequency range of TACAN?
1000 MHz band. selection by pre set channels 1 - 126
What are the frequency ranges for VOR?
- 108 to 117.95
- Even 100kHz channels up to 111.80 and all channels 112.00 to 117.95 are VOR
- Odd 100kHz channels 108.00 to 112.00 MHz are ILS
What is the frequency range for NDBs?
MF band - 200kHz to 1800kHz
How can you activate and disarm the airtrainer ELT?
- Activated by an inertial switch or manual switch to on.
- Can't be disarmed
- Can be reset by going ON then ARM
What system is in place for the erection of AIs?
- Two mercury switches which sense movement in the pitch and roll axes.
- These switches then operate torque motors which will cause gyroscopic precession to level the platform.
What is the operating principle of ILS?
Principle of lobe comparison
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview