The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
biotechnology is the use of living organisms to produce
- protein products using rDNA techniques
- monoclonal antibodies
biotechnology is a result of 2 advances
- rDNA technology= genes of one species may be transplanted into another species
- development of techniques for producing large quantities of the desired protein.
there are 3 basic ways that biotech scientists develop therapies
- working with cells the smallest unit of life
- working with protiens one type of molecule found in cells
- working with genes the molecules responsible for inherited traits