Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
WHAT IS MEANT BY "STRIPING"?
Recording or "printing" LTC
LIST 2 CHARACTERISTICS OF SMPTE LTC AND SHOW HOW IS DISPLAYED:
- - hours, minutes, seconds, frames...
- - must be isolated (from nearby tracks)
- - amplitude sensitive (record at dBu)
- when various actors speak at the same time
- an activity that occurs outside of the visual image.
DEFINE ROOM TONE:
- backround noise recorded during production sound.
- a recording containing no audible speech, but contains the right amount of activity to provide a scene with backround effects.
WHAT IS MEANT BY THE TERM "POST PRODUCTION"?
- any process that takes place after the shoot.
WHAT IS A SPOTTING SESSION?
- a meeting between the producer/director and the post sound audio department heads to discuss treatment, timing, and problematic concerns with the production.
WHAT IS ADR AND VO?
- automatic dialog replacement, and voice over
NAME THE 3 POST PRODUCTION AUDIO DEPARTMENTS, AND MIX ELEMENTS FOR EACH
- -dialog (DIA)- production sound, ADR&VO.
- - sound effects (SFX)- hard effects, foley,
- - music (mus)- all musical content/
WHAT IS MEANT BY "LOGGING"?
- the transfer of production sound footage to the DAW. files are prepared for the film/DV editor.
WHAT IS SCORING?
- the composing, performing, recording and mixing the musical portion of the production.
WHAT IS MEANT BY FOLEY?
- sound effects recorded in the studio, most times its recorded while locked to picture, but can be recored in the wild, independent of picture if necessary.
LIST TWO COMMON DIALOG TREATMENTS:
- - never hear an edit (cut)...
- - 1 track, 1 mic per character...
- - low cut @ 80 Hz.
- - Remove all SFX from dialog stem mix...
WHAT IS AN EDL?
- (edit decision list)- a list generated by the editor for the post audio dialog department to match the original production sound footage withe the online edit.
WHAT IS THE "ONLINE EDIT"?
- the final edited video master; aka: the final cut...
LIST 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC CUES USED IN FILM PRODUCTION:
- - themes
- - bumpers
- - stingers
- - underscore
- - source
NAME 5 VIDEO TRANSITIONS AND GIVE THEIR DEFENTIONS:
- -FADE: a transition to or from black or white video or silenced audio.
- -WIPE: when 1 scene replaces another scene in a predetermined pattern.
- -CUT: when 1 scene is immediatly replaced with another.
- -DISSOLVE: a visual cross fade between scenes.
- -KEY: when the video information is electronically stripped away and replaced with another scene or color.
DESCRIBE THESE CAMERA ANGLES TERMS: MASTER, CU, AND POV
- Master- establishing shot
- CU- close up
- POV- point of view
LIST 3 MIXING CHALLENGES OF THE ADR RECORDIST:
- - to match the energy, pitch leval, and tone of the perfomer
- - to match the mic quality.
- - to blend the ambient tone with onset recording using fills.
WHAT IS THE FINAL DELIVERED OUTPUT (FORMAT) FROM EACH OF THE POST AUDIO DEPARTMENTS?
- stem mixes
WHAT IS THE M&E MIX AND WHY IS IT PREPARED?
- music and effects mix, prepared for foreign dialog replacement.
WHAT IS MENT BY "FUTZ"?
- to simulate a sound enviorment, a sound source or proximity to the sound source by mixing techniques. ( EQ, reverb, vol, panning)
WHAT DOES THE RE-RECORDING MIXER DO?
- combines sound elements into pre-mixes, then again into final mix stems, then finally into print masters.
EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRODUCTION SOUND MIXER AND POST SOUND MIXER.
- the production sound mixer is a recordist on film set location. the post mixer is a studio engineer that works with elements recorded onset and with added material.
WHAT IS THE PREFERRED VIDEO FILE FORMAT IN PRO TOOLS?
- DVNTSC non compressed.
IN SURROUND SOUND, WHAT DOES THE NUMERICAL SYSTEM REFER TO?
- number of speakers, low frequency effect (LFE subwoofer)
PRO TOOLS WILL ALLOW VIDEO OUT DV FIREWIRE PORT WITH .M4U FILES.
TRUE OR FALSE?
WHAT IS BRODCAST STANDARD FOR PROGRAM START TIME?
WHAT DO DVNTSC AND PAL STAND FOR AND HOW ARE THEY USED?
- - digital video north america technical standards comittee,- brodcast standard for north america.
- - phase alternate lines- brodcast standard format used in eu, asia, south america etc.
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 23.976
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 24 FPS
- video camera/ domestic film.
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 25 FPS
- EU, South America, Asia
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 29.97 drop-frm
- NTSC Television
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 29.97 non-drop
- Domestic feature.
LIST THE APPLICATION OF THIS FRAME RATE: 30 FPS
- B/W consumer DV camera.