Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Of the Scripture – The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and are the only sufficient, certain
and authoritative rule of all saving
knowledge, faith and obedience.
- ● 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - 6 All Scripture is given by
- inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for
- reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that
- the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- ● 2 Peter 1:20-21 - 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of
- Scripture is of any private interpretation,[a] 21 for
- prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[b] spoke as
- they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
True God - There is but one God, the Maker, preserver and
Ruler of all things, having in and of Himself all perfection and being infinite
in ail of them; and to Him all creatures owe the highest love, reverence and obedience.
- Isaiah 43:10-11 - 10 “ You are My witnesses,”
- says the LORD, “ And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know
- and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor
- shall there be after Me. 11 I, even I, am the
- LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.
- Isaiah 46:9-10 - 9 Remember the former things of old, For
- I am God, and there is no other; I am God,
- and there is none like Me, 10 Declaring
- the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that
- are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will
- do all My pleasure,’
Fall of Man - God originally created man in His own image and free
from sin; but, through the temptation of Satan, he transgresses the command of God and fell from his
original holiness and righteousness;
becoming by nature corrupt and wholly opposed to God and His law. Therefore, being placed
under condemnation to eternal ruin
without defiance or excuse.
- Ezekiel 28:15 - 15 You were perfect in your
- ways from the day you were created, ill iniquity was found in you.
- Ecclesiastes 7:29 - 29 Truly, this only I have found: That
- God made man upright, But they have sought out many schemes.”
Way of Salvation- We believe that the
salvation of sinners is totally of grace through the mediatoral office of the
son. Who by the appointment of the Father freely took upon Him our nature
without sin and by His death made full atonement for our sins.
- John 3:16 - 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His
- only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have
- everlasting life.
- Romans 5:9 - 9 Much more then, having now been justified
- by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Justification- Justification is
God's gracious and full acquittal of sinners, who believe in Christ. On the sole account of the obedience and
satisfaction of Christ, sinners receive and rest in Him and His righteousness
- Romans 8:1 - 1 There is therefore
- now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according
- to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
- Romans 5:19 - 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were
- made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
Freeness of Salvation- We believe that the blessing of salvation is made
through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and it is the immediate duty of all to
accept him by way of a cordial and obedient faith. Where with nothing prevents
the salvation of the greatest sinner upon receiving the gospel except the
gospel being rejected.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 - 8 For by grace you have been saved through
- faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of
- God, 9 not of
- works, lest anyone should boast.
- 2 Timothy 1:9 - 9 who has saved us and called us with
- a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose
- and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be regenerated, or born again;
that regeneration consist in giving a holy disposition to the mind; that it is
a manner above our comprehension by the
power of the Holy Spirit, in connection with divine truth.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 - 17 Therefore, if anyone is in
- Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away;
- behold, all things have become new.
- Colossians 1:21-22 - 21 And you, who once were alienated and
- enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to
- present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight
Repentance and Faith-
faith are sacred duties and inseparable graces, wrought in our souls by the
regenerating Spirit of God. Having been deeply convinced of our guilt, danger
and helplessness, we turn to God with confidence and supplication for mercy
receiving the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- - 14 if My
- people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My
- face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will
- forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Ezekiel 18:27-28 - 27 Again, when
- a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he
- committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he
- considers and turns away from all the transgressions, which he committed, he
- shall surely live; he shall not die.
God’s Purpose of Grace - We believe that election is the eternal purpose of
God, according to which he graciously
regenerates, sanctifies, and saves sinners. It is a most glorious display
of God's sovereign goodness the foundation of Christian assurance.
- John 1:12-13 - 12 But as many as received Him, to them He
- gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His
- name: 13 who were
- born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but
- of God.
- Acts 20:32 - 32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and
- to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an
- inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
Sanctification - Sanctification is a
process by which we become partakers of His Holiness. This Sanctification is a
progressive striving through the Divine strength of God's Word and the dwelling
of the Holy Spirit. This is what all saints seek to obtain through obedience to
- Psalm 119:11-12 - 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I
- might not sin against You.12 Blessed are You,
- O LORD! Teach me Your statutes.
- John 17:19-20 - 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that
- they also may be sanctified by the truth.20 “I do not
- pray for these alone, but also for those who will [a] believe in
- Me through their word;
Perseverance of the Saints
- Those whom God have chosen will never totally
fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere to the end;
and though they may fall, through neglect and temptation, into sin. They shall
be renewed again unto repentance, and be kept by the power of God through faith
in being saved.
- Romans 8:38-39 - 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor
- life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things
- to come, 39nor height nor
- depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love
- of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Nehemiah 9:17-18 - 17 They refused to obey, And they were
- not mindful of Your wonders That You did among them. But they
- hardened their necks, And in their rebellion. They appointed a
- leader To return to their bondage. But You are God, Ready
- to Pardon, Gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, Abundant
- in kindness, And did not forsake them.
Harmony of the Law
and the Gospel - We
believe that the law of God is the eternal and unchangeable rule of his moral
government; that it is holy, just and
good; and that the inability which the
Scripture ascribe to fallen men to fulfill its percepts, arise entirely from their love of sin.
- Luke 16:17 -17Heaven and earth will disappear before the smallest letter
- of the Law does.
- Galatians 3:21 - 21Does the Law disagree with God's promises? No, it doesn't!
- If any law could give life to us, we could become acceptable to God by obeying
- that law.
Baptism and the
Lord’s Supper - Baptism
is an ordinance of the Lord Jesus, obligatory upon every believer wherein he or
she is immersed in water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
Holy Spirit, as a sign of his or her
fellowship with the death and resurrection of Christ, for the remission of sins and of the giving of self to God, in order to live and walk in
the newness of Life. The Lord's Supper is an ordinance of Jesus
Christ, to be administered with the elements of bread and wine, and to be
observed by His churches until the
Second Coming of Christ. It is in no sense
a sacrifice, but is designed to
commemorate His death, to confirm the
faith and it is also to be a bond pledge
and renewal of communion with Him.
- Acts 2:41-42 - 41On that day about three thousand believed his
- message and were baptized. 42They spent their time learning
- from the apostles, and they were like family to each other. They also broke
- bread and prayed together.
- Matthew 26:26-29 - 26During the meal Jesus took
- some bread in his hands. He blessed the bread and broke it. Then he gave it to
- his disciples and said, "Take this and eat it. This is my body." 27Jesus
- picked up a cup of wine and gave thanks to God. He then gave it to his
- disciples and said, "Take this and drink it. 28This is
- my blood, and with it God makes his agreement with you. It will be poured out,
- so that many people will have their sins forgiven.29From now
- on I am not going to drink any wine, until I drink new wine with you in my
- Father's kingdom."
Christian Sabbath - The belief that
the first day of the week is the Lord's Day, and it is to be kept sacred for
the purpose of worship and spiritual
devotion, both public and private. Thus, resting from employment
- Exodus 31:15 -15Keep the Sabbath holy. You have six days to do
- your work, but the Sabbath is mine, and it must remain a day of rest. If you
- work on the Sabbath, you will no longer be part of my people, and you will be
- put to death.
Wicked - There
is a difference between the righteous and the wicked. Righteousness comes only
through being justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and sanctified by the
spirit of God. While all who continue in unbelief are in His sight wicked and
under the curse.
- Malachi 3:18 - 18Then everyone will once again see the
- difference between those who obey me by doing right and those who reject me by
- doing wrong.
- Romans 6:16-18 -16Don't you know that you are slaves of anyone you
- obey? You can be slaves of sin and die, or you can be obedient slaves of God
- and be acceptable to him. 17You used to be slaves of sin. But
- I thank God that with all your heart you obeyed the teaching you received from
- me. 18Now you are set free from sin and are slaves who please
Christian Education -
We believe that
knowledge is the ultimate power in religion. Thorough studies of the Bible and
theology, as well as righteous thinking are essential in keeping a church alive
and respected. Such a church will be irresistible
to rebellious youth and confused adults.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 - 15Do your best to win God's approval as a worker
- who doesn't need to be ashamed and who teaches only the true message.
- Hosea 4:6 - 6You priests have rejected me, and my people are
- destroyed by refusing to obey. Now I'll reject you and forget your children,
- because you have forgotten my Law.
Stewardship - We believe that stewardship is God's managerial plan
for humans as it pertains to our lifestyle,
attitudes, possessions and
sacrificial giving. There are
rewards for those who are faithful stewards.
- 1 Corinthians 4:1-2 - 1Think of us as servants of
- Christ who have been given the work of explaining God's mysterious ways. 2And
- since our first duty is to be faithful to the one we work for,
- Proverbs 3:9-10 -9Honor the LORD by giving him your money and the
- first part of all your crops. 10Then you will have more grain
- and grapes than you will ever need.
Missions - Evangelism is proclaiming to the entire world the Good News that
Christ died and rose to rescue the world from sin and death.
- Matthew 28:19-20 - 19Go to the people of all
- nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the
- Son, and the Holy Spirit, 20and teach them to do everything I
- have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.
- Mark 16:15-16 - 15Then he told them: Go and preach the good news
- to everyone in the world. 16Anyone who believes me and is
- baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe me will be condemned.
The Resurrection - The bodies of men
after death return to dust, but their spirits return immediately to God; the
righteous to rest with Him; the wicked
to be reserved under darkness to
judgment. At the last day the bodies of all the dead, both the just and unjust
will be raised.
- John 5:28-29 - 28Don't be surprised! The time will come when all
- of the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Man, 29and they
- will come out of their graves. Everyone who has done good things will rise to life,
- but everyone who has done evil things will rise and be condemned.
- 2 Corinthians 5:8-10 - 8We should be cheerful,
- because we would rather leave these bodies and be at home with the Lord. 9But
- whether we are at home with the Lord or away from him, we still try our best to
- please him. 10After all, Christ will judge each of us for the
- good or the bad that we do while living in these bodies.
Return of the Lord - We believe that at
the rapture that Christ will descend from heaven the bodies of believers who have died will be raised and
living believers will be caught up
together with them to meet the Lord in the air.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 - 15Our Lord Jesus
- told us that when he comes, we won't go up to meet him ahead of his followers
- who have already died. 16With a loud command and with the
- shout of the chief angel and a blast of God's trumpet, the Lord will return
- from heaven. Then those who had faith in Christ before they died will be raised
- to life. 17Next, all of us who are still alive will be taken
- up into the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the sky. From that
- time on we will all be with the Lord forever.
- Matthew 24:30-31- 30Then a sign will
- appear in the sky. And there will be the Son of Man. All nations on earth will
- weep when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and
- great glory. 31At the sound of a loud trumpet, he will send
- his angels to bring his chosen ones together from all over the earth.
World to Come - The end of the
world is approaching: at the lust day
Christ will descend from heaven and raise the dead from the grave for final
retribution. A solemn separation will
take place, the wicked will he judged to endless punishment and the righteous
to endless joy.
- John 5:28-29 - 28Don't be surprised! The time will come when all
- of the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Man, 29and they
- will come out of their graves. Everyone who has done good things will rise to
- life, but everyone who has done evil things will rise and be condemned.
- Matthew 13:49-50 - 49That's how it will be at
- the end of time. Angels will come and separate the evil people from the ones
- who have done right. 50Then those evil people will be thrown
- into a flaming furnace, where they will cry and grit their teeth in pain.