Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Gram positive rod
- Beta hemolytic colonies
- Grows in cold temps
- surface protein, internalin, and LLO (a pore forming toxin) are major virulence factors
- Wide spread among animals
- Contaminated foods: unpasteurized foods, salami, etc...
- Can be transmitted transplacentally
- Internalin: reorganizes cell's cytoskeleton
- LLO: lyses endosome
- Moves through cell via control of actin filaments
- Actin skeleton disrupted
- Cell to cell spread
- Immunity: Cell mediated mechanisms
- Not present until disseminatd infection
- Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever
- Tropism for CNS and brain stem, can cause meningitis
- Neonatal/puerpural infections similar to GBS
- Penicillin G, Ampicillin
- Ampicillin with gentamicin treatment of choice for fulminant cases
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview