The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The ideology that one sex is superior to the other.
- Individual acts of sexism
- (ex) Sexist remarks and acts of violence
- Institutional sexism
- The denial of opportunities and equal rights to individuals and groups that results from the normal operations of a society.
- Armed forces
- Large corporations
- Medical establishment
Two different world(united nations in 2001)
- pay Less
- Sexual harassment at work
- Discharge because of pregnancy
- * Assertion of women’s rights is routinely ignored or punished.
faminization of poverty
- Women grow half the world’s food, but they rarely own land.
- One-third of the world’s paid labor force;Generally found in the lowest-paying jobs.
- Single-parent households headed by women are found in the poorest sections of the population.
Link between rich and poor
- The poverty of women in developing countries
- Much of the exploited labor is performed by women toiling long hours for low pay , especially in the nonindustrial sector.
- (Chubb et al. 2008)
- Unequal status in industrial countries
- Seen in the division of housework and in the jobs
- (Makiko Fuwa 2004)