Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the definition of a suspension?
Preparations containing finely divided drug particles (the suspenoid) distributed somewhat uniformly throughout a vehicle in whih the drug exhibits a minimum degree of solubility
What is the composition of a suspension?
- The dispered phase
- The dispersing phase (dispersing medium)
What are the classification of suspensions?
- Coarse dispersion
- Fine and colloidal dispersion
What are the application of suspension?
- Dugs stability
- Liquid therapy
- Flexability of dosage forms dry powder fro reconsitiution
What are the components of stokes law?
- V: Velocity of fall of particle (rate of sedimentation
- d: diameter of the particle
- pi: density of the particle
- pe: density of the medium
- g: gravitational constant
- n: vicosity of the dispersion medium
WHat is the suspendoid?
Extend of settling and ease of dispersibility
What are the characterisics that take into consideration for the suspendoid?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview