• Personal vision, passions, values contentment, satisfaction, energized?
• Highpoints of life?
• Things to accomplish before dying?
• “Dream” jobs?
• 15 Years from now?
• Legacy questions (backdoor to vision)
• Critical incident or time when person felt most effective, energized, etc.?
• Can it be better seen in a different context?
• What would you do differently? (Caution if person has lots of regrets)
When coaching a person, avoid the impulse to move too quickly to the Real Self (Discovery
#2) or Planning (Discovery #3) – STAY with the Ideal Self for a time
22.214.171.124 Why? The Ideal Self – thinking about the person God made you to be, the
person that energizes you—creates positive emotional energy for addressing the Real
Self and for change.
• Clarity often increases as we age.
Recognize how to discover the Ideal Self in yourself and in others (Sect. 7.3.2 & 7.3.6)