- DSM criteria:
- 5 or more symptoms present during the same 2 week period:
- ~ At least one symptom is depressed mood most of the day nearly every day OR anhedonia.
- ~ Significant weight change or change in appetite.
- ~ Insomnia or hypersomnia
- ~ Psychomotor retardation or agitation
- ~ Loss of energy
- ~ Worthlessness/guilt
- ~ Poor concentration, indecisiveness
- ~ Thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts/plans.
Symptoms represent a change in previous functioning and are persistent (occur for most of the day nearly every day during the same 2 week period).
Specificy: psychotic features, chronic, catatonic, melancholy, atypical features, post-partum, longitudinal course, seasonal pattern.