CD 378 FINAL
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the biological function of the laryngeal system?
Rapidly and securely protect the airway into the trachea
What is the sound source production center?
The Laryngeal System
What acts as the variable valve during speech?
Changes in voice quality are dependant upon these factors:
- -Generation in lung pressure
- -Frequency in vocal fold vibration
- -Pattern or mode of voicing
- - Shape of the vocal tract above the glottis
The laryngeal system is compsed of:
- four cartilages and one bone
- Hyaline cartilages
- Hyoid bone
- -2 wings including the upper horns and lower horns
- -Forms a joint with the cricoid cartilage
- -Complete hyaline cartilage ring atop the thrachea
- -2 concave (usually) facets for the thyroid cartilage
Interaction between Thyroid and Cricoid
Joint allows thyroid to "rock" over cricoid
leaf-shaped hyaline cartilage
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview