Safe work practices/ 70E
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the approach boundaries for the following voltages? per 70e
- 120/240V: 4ft
- 240/480V: 10ft
- 480V 20ft
The Flash protection boundary is defined as what? per 70e
A boundary from 4ft to 20ft with distance determined by voltage level in which live parts are exposed and would cause 2nd degree burns if an arc flash were to occur.
What are the three boundaries in an arc flash protection boundary from close approximaty to the farthest from the gear.
- Prohibited: contact live parts
- restricted: increased risk of shock
- limited shock boundaries: shock hazard exists
Which shock boundary(s) in the arc flash protection boundary is it allowable to have an unqualified person in? per 70e
The limited boundary.
You must wear appropriate PPE in which part of the arc flash protection boundary? per 70e
All of it.
A vault with exposed live parts per OSHA is considered what?
A permit confined space
What must be done if work is to be done on electrically live parts not put in an electrically safe condition? per 70e
An energized electrical work permit must be filled out and kept on file for one year.
suiting up for common tasks includes what calorie rating for the following tasks? per 70e
-operation of CB up to 240V
-Reading a panel meter while operating a meter switch on switchgear up to 1000v
-voltage testing up to 240V
-operation of CB w/cover off up to 600v
-above 600V insertion or removal
-greater than 120V exposed in 600v class MCC's
-starter buckets removal/insertion in 600v MCC's
-switchgear above 1000v
- -operation of CB up to 240V 1.2 cal/cm2
- -Reading a panel meter while operating a meter switch on switchgear up to 1000v 1.2 cal/cm2
- -voltage testing up to 240V 4 cal/cm2
- -operation of CB w/cover off up to 600v 4 cal/cm2
- -above 600V insertion or removal-greater than 120V exposed in 600v class MCC's 8 cal/cm2
- -starter buckets removal/insertion in 600v MCC's 8.1-25 cal/cm2-switchgear above 1000v 24.1-40 cal/cm2
According to 70e, work above what calorie is not allowed?
Can a person be qualified on one piece of equipment but not on another piece of equipment? per 70e
Per lockout tag out the work being performed is allowed without placing a lock under what requirements?
- work does not exceed one shift
- disconnecting means is adjacent to the work being performed
Energy isolation devices for machinery or equipment installed after _________ shall be capable of accepting a lockout device.
january 2, 1990
A tagout device must be capable of withstanding what?
50 lbs of force at a right angle, and must be non-reusable
Assured grounding always tests what to what? per OSHA
the ground prong to the metal casing, then to each phase. Assured grounding is testing for possible ground faults.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview