Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where is ADH made and where is it stored?
made in hypothymus and stored in the pituitary gland.
What is the adrenocoritcal insufficiency that displays hyperkalemia and hyponatremia?
Cushing's Syndrome is caused by what?
an increased production of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)
Why do women have a lower average water content than men?
b/c they have a higher fat content.
Extracellular Fluid can be subdivided by?
- * intravascular cellular fluid (plasma)
- -93% H2O
- -7% lipids and proteins
- *interstitial cell fluid
- -surrounds cells in tissues
Difference between Active Transport and Diffusion?
- active transport= solutes move from an area of lower concentration to an area of higher concentration
- *requires ATP
- diffusion= solutes move from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration
- *no ATP required
Nephrons filter how much blood to produce how much urine in a day?
- filter 125 ml of blood a min.
- 180 L/day
makes 1-2 L of urine/day
Explain the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system?
- juxtaglomerular cells secrete renin.
- renin then becomes angiotensin II (vasoconstrictor)
- angiotensin II stimulates Aldosterone (raises blood pressure)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview