“Come here, Huey!” my father said. Huey walked toward him, his hands behind his back.
- “See these eggs?” my father said. He cracked them and put the yolks in a pan and set the pan on the counter. He stood a chair by the counter.
- “Stand up here,” he said to Huey. Huey stood on the chair by the counter.
- “Now it’s time for your beating!” my father said.
- Huey started to cry. His tears fell in with the egg yolks.
- “Take this!” my father said. My father handed him the egg beater. “Now beat those eggs,” he said. “I want this to be a good beating!”
- “Oh!” Huey said. He stopped crying. And he beat the egg yolks.