nsg 211 teaching plan
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Self-care is a broad concept that involves an individual’s
care for oneself, and perform healthy lifestyle
activities necessary to achieve
and maintain maximum
health, such as preventing further infection (Alligood,
Byimplementing Orem’s Self-Care Nursing Deficit
Theory, the patient will be ableto meet Orem’s self-
care requisite by performing proper hand washing
Removejewelry and make sure sleeves are rolled up
before washing hand.
- Wet hands
- with warm running water.
Apply 1 or 2 squirts of liquid or foam soap, and lather
Scrub all surfaces for at least 15 seconds, including
back of hands,wrists, between fingers and under
thoroughly under running water.
- Dry hands
- with a clean or disposable towel, and use towel to turn off faucet.
to wash hands:
- a. Before
- preparing food or eating.
- a. Blowing
- nose, coughing, or sneezing into hands.
garbage, household or garden chemicals, or anything that could be contaminated
– such as a cleaning cloth or soiled shoes.
- 1. Please
- refer to website: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/pubhealth/pdf/handwash_tech.pdf
Patient successfully demonstrates proper hand washing technique by return demonstration.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview