Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
thinking, feeling, and bahvior change as we develop
-study from birth to death
3 questions for development psychologist
- Nurture vs Nature?
- -Continuity or Stages?
- -continuous development or stage phase learning
- - Stable or change?
- - does development change or stabilizes?
develoment governed by automatic, genetically predetermined signals
a small window in which specific types of learning shapes the capacity for future development
2 types of development psychologist
- Cross sectional research
(2 types of development psychologist) Cross sectional research
research that measures individuals of various ages at one point in time
(2 types of development psychologist) Longitudinal Research
research that measures a single individual or group of same age for an extended period of time
- gives info about age changes. different ideas.
Pros and cons of Cross sectional research
- Pros- gives information about age differences
- -less expensive
- - typically larger sample
- Cons- Cohort effects are difficult to seperate
- -restricted generalizability( measures behaviors at one point in time)
Pros and cons of Longitudinal research
- Pros-Gived information about age changes
- - increased reliability
- - more in depth information per participant
- Cons- More expensive
- - Time consuming
- -restricted generalizability ( typically smaller sample and dropouts over time)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview