Mechanism of regulation of secretion and release of bile and pancreatic juice.
- -secretion of bile and pancreatic juice and the release of these secretions to the small intestine is regulated by the same factors:
- -neural stimuli
- -Bile salts are the major stimuli for enhanced bile secretion as well as secretin.
- -when no digestion occurs, the hepatopancreatic sphincter is closed and the released bile backs up into the cystic duct to the gallbladder for storage.
- - The main stimuli for gallbladder contraction is cholecystokinin.
- -cholecystokinin also stimulates secretion of pancreatic juice.
- -both secretin and cholecystokinin prompt the pancrese to release its juice