Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
2) ________________ also called the _____________ or _____________
- 1) manubrium
- 2) body aka corpus or gladiolus
- 3) xiphoid
Jugular notch: ____________ also termed the _____________ or ____________
Sternal Angle: ____________
Xiphoid tip: ______________
Lower rib margin: __________
- Jugular notch: T2- T3 also termed the manubrial notch or suprasternal notch
- Sternal Angle: T4- T5
- Xiphoid tip: T9-T10
- Lower rib margin: L2 - L3
SC joints comprise the _________ __________ of the rib and the __________ __________of the sternum?
Medial Aspects of the ribs and lateral aspects of the sternum
Ribs ____ thru ____ are considered true because: __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
1 thru 7-- bc they attach to the sternum by costocartalidge
Ribs ____ thru____ are considered false because:
8 thru 12-- bc they are attached to the 7th costocartilage not their own
Ribs ____ and ____ are classified as both because?
11 and 12 -- bc they are not connected to any cartilage at all
Joint between rib and cartilage termed:
joint between cartilage termed:
joint between sternum and cartilage:
Joints between the rib and vertebrae:
Costotransverse and costovertebral
kVp:________________ SID: minimum___________
- oblique: RAO or LPO degree: 15 - 20 barrel chested - less rotation skinny chested more rotation
- reasoning: shift the sternum just to the left of the thoracic vertebrae and into the heart shadow
- Breathing technique: taking shallow breaths during exposures
- KVP: low ( 65 give or take 5)
- SID: minimum 40
Above the diaphragm:
- above diaphragm
- breathing: inspiration
- kVp: low ( 65-70)
- CR: T7
Below the diaphragm:
- Below diaphragm
- Breathing: Medium (70 - 80) penetrate muscle
- CR: between xiphoid tip and lower rib ( bottom of cassette at top of iliac crest)
Routine includes: __________________ and ________________
CR:________________SID:_______________ Cassette size:______________
- Routine: RAO and Lateral
- Oblique: patient position: 15 - 20 degrees toward the right side
- CR: Center of sternum
- SID: 40 in
- Cassette size: 10 x 12
- Lateral sternum
- Patient position: standing arm drawn back
- CR: center of sternum
- SID: 72 inches-- reduces magnification of sternum caused by oid
- Cassette Size: 10 x 12 LW
Routine includes: ________________ and ___________________
- Routines: PA and anterior oblique
- patient position: prone face down arms either up or down
- CR: T2 - T3 (3 below C7)
- SID: 40 In
- Patient position: prone slight rotation ( 1 arm up and 1 arm down)
- CR: T2 - T3
- SID: 40 in
- Cassette size: 8 x 10 LW
what is best visualized on an RAO position?
downside - right side
Where is the jugular notch located?
T2 - T3
Where is your inferior rib margins located?
How many pairs of ribs are considered true?
what distinguishes a true rib from a false rib?
connected to sternum by costocartalidge
what are 2 views you do for sternal?
lateral and RAO - for heart shadow (15 - 20) smaller patient 20
inspiration or expiration for Ribs below diaphragm?
what are your two particular rib articulations associated with your T Spine?
costotransverse and costovertebral
what are your floating ribs
11 and 12
what is the most commonly c shaped rib?
top one-- first rib
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview