Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1) Interphase (G1, S, G2)
- 2) Mitosis- Division of the nucleus (Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telephase.)
- 3) Cytokinesis- Dicision of the cytoplasm
- The cells in your body besides the sperm and egg cells.
- Somatic cells have 46 chromosomes in the nucleus (23 from the mother and 23 from the father).
Gamete -or- Sex Cell
- Sperm and egg cells
- Gametes only have 23 chromosomes; half the amount of somatic cells
- Only from one parent
- Half the number of chromosomes found in a somatic cell.
- The haploid number is 23 (or "n").
- Gametes are always haploid.
- The number of 46 chromosomes.
- Represented by "2n"
- All somatic cells are diploid.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview