The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Blood flow through the heart and pulmonary circulation:
- Right atrium -->
- Tricuspid valve -->
- Right ventricle -->
- Pulmonic semilunar valve -->
- Pulmonary artery (main) -->
- Pulmonary arteries (right and left) -->
- Pulmonary capillaries (within the lungs) -->
- Four pulmonary veins -->
- Left atrium -->
- Bicuspid valve -->
- Left ventricle -->
- Aortic semilunar valve -->
Which hormone decreases blood glucose & which increases blood glucose?
- Insulin decreases blood gluclose
- Glucagon increases blood glucose
Normal adult resting heart rate
Between 60 and 100 beats/min (average 72 beats/min)
Function of ADH (antidiuretic hormone)
Stimulates the kidney to reabsorb water and reduce urinary output.
Which is the master gland?
The hormone responsible for secretion of progesterone and testosterone
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
ATCH stimulates what other endocrine gland?
Heart Function (Physiology)
- Oxygenated blood leaves the left ventricle, travels through aorta and arterioles (smaller branches)
- Deoxygenated blood returns to the right side of the heart by inferior and superior venae cavae
- Coronary Circulation - circulation to the myocardium
- Peripheral Circulation - circulation through the periphery (extremities)
- * delivers oxygen, nutrients, hormones, and antibodies to organs, tissues, and cells
- * removes end products of metabolism from tissues and cells