education and communication-
first it fights the effects of mininfo and poor communication. Second communication can help "sell" the need for change by packaging it properly.
- involvement can reduce resistance, obtain commitment, and increase the quality of change decision.
building support and commitment- firing up employees/
develop positive relationships
-trust in their managers.
implementing changes fairly
-see the reason for the change and perceive its implementation as consistent and fair.
selecting people who accept change
- manipluation and cooptation-
- manipulation- refers to covert influence attempts. twisitng facts to make them more attractive
- cooptation- combines manipulation and participation.
-some people are open to experience.
- the application of direct threats or force on the resisters.