The flashcards below were created by user
T/F Forklifts is rear-wheel steering.
True. Usually wheels have front wheel drive, but forklifts have rear wheel drive
T/F. Forklift is most stable when loaded
False. Especially unstable when loaded and when turning
What are top two reasons for forklift fatalities?
1. Crushed by tipping vehicle
2. Crushed between vehicle and surface
3. Crushed between two vehicles
Top three reasons for forklift accidents?
2. Struck by powered industrial truck
3. Struck by falling load
Top forklift killers are...
1. forklift overturns
2. nearby workers struck by forklift
3. victim crushed by forklift
4. fall from forklift
What percentage of accidents are at least in part, caused by inadequate training?
Training program must contain all of the follwing unless employer can demonstrate topics are not applicable:
truck related topics
workplace related topics
the requirements of the standard