Card Set Information
flaw assumption strengthen weaken
What are the key words for FLAW?
-vulnerable to criticism
-error of reasoning
-fails to demonstrate
What are the task for FLAW questions?
- Tend to ask what is the mistake or assumption or causation (A caused B/ B->A)
- The answer will describe the assumption or conclusions problem
- Find the disconnects btw the evid. & the concl// classic errors
What are the key words for Strengthen?
- Most strongly supports the authors
What are the task for STRENGTHEN questions?
- Support the assumption
- Strengthen Except q's wont just weaken, it can be
- The answer will make concl more likely to follow from the evid
What are the key words for WEAKEN?
- Most Weakens
- Calls into question
What are the task for WEAKEN questions?
- Weaken attack the assumption
: the causal is reversed/ alternative cause
- Connections btw the two (open your scope on your idea on the scope)
What are the key words for ASSUMPTION?
What are the task for ASSUMPTION questions?
-The answer will have the conclusion
-Any unstated fact that MUST BE true
: 1 central assumpt./ depends~require
: 2-3 assumptions
-Bridge the gap btw the evidence & the conclusion