The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the key words for FLAW?
- -vulnerable to criticism
- -questionable because
- -error of reasoning
- -fails to demonstrate
What are the task for FLAW questions?
- - Tend to ask what is the mistake or assumption or causation (A caused B/ B->A)
- - The answer will describe the assumption or conclusions problem
- - Find the disconnects btw the evid. & the concl// classic errors
What are the key words for Strengthen?
- - Strengthen
- - Most strongly supports the authors
- - Justify
What are the task for STRENGTHEN questions?
- - Support the assumption
- - Strengthen Except q's wont just weaken, it can be: 180/oos/etc.
- - The answer will make concl more likely to follow from the evid
What are the key words for WEAKEN?
- - Undermines
- - Most Weakens
- - Calls into question
What are the task for WEAKEN questions?
- - Weaken attack the assumption
- - Causal: the causal is reversed/ alternative cause
- - Connections btw the two (open your scope on your idea on the scope)
What are the key words for ASSUMPTION?
What are the task for ASSUMPTION questions?
- -The answer will have the conclusion
- -Any unstated fact that MUST BE true
- -NECESSARY: 1 central assumpt./ depends~require
- -SUFFICIENT: 2-3 assumptions
- -Bridge the gap btw the evidence & the conclusion