Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Domain I?
Designing Instruction and Assessment to Promote Student Learning.
PPR Standard I
The teacher designs instruction appropriate for all students that reflects and understanding of relevant content and is based on continuious and appropriate assessment.
What does Competency I state?
The teacher understands human developmental processes and applies this knowledge to plan instruction and ongoing assessment that motivate students and are responsive to their developmental characteristics and needs.
How much of the test covers Domain I?
approximately 31% of the test is over Domain I
What are some "Theories of Growth and Development"?
- 1) Piaget's Stage Theory of Cognitive Development
- 2) Informational Processing Theories of Cognitive Development
- 3) Vygotsky's Sociocultural Theory of Cognitive Development
refers to systematic, lasting changes that take place over the course of the human life span
Development that takes place as a result of both internally determined genetic change and the interaction of the individual with the environment (or extarnal influences).
changes in the human body
1) depend largely to genetics
- 2) Environmental influences that can effect:
- a) nutrition
- b) exposure to certan chemcials
occurs as humans interact with each other
- 1) Inherent personality traits may influence these interactions
- 2) Environment seems to be an important factor
Developmental changes are:
- 1) continous
- 2) gradual
- 3) have periods of rapid physical growth
Piaget's Stage Theory of Cognitive Development key words are:
- 1) schema (schemata)
- a) Assimilation
- b) Accomodation
- c) Adaptation
- 2) Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- 3) Stages of cognitive development
- a) sensorimotor
- b) preoperational
- c) concrete operational
- d) formal operational
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview