The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the acronym TIRDAAAEPAD mean?
- T-transmit radio report
- I-initiate command and control
- R-rapidly evaluate and size-up
- D-develop IAP
- A-accounatability of personell
- A-assign resources as required
- A-assign branches, groups, divisions and build an ICS organization as required
- E-evaluate the IAP and revise as required
- P-provide continued command and control
- A-additional resources as required
- D-demobilize, return companies when possible and terminate command
What are the four benchmarks?
- primary complete
- fire under control
- secondary complete
- loss stopped
what are the components of transfer of command?
- -provide an overview of incident and actions being taken
- (location, extent, conditions, extension, saftey considerations, and effectiveness of control efforts)
- -deployment and assignment of operating companies
- -appraisal of need for additional resources
- -communication details (zone, TAC and command channels)
- -overview of objectives, review of IAP
- -formal acceptance of command by relieving officer
what should a post incident analysis include?
- -reason for PIA
- -use of visual and other aids
- -review of the operation in sequence
- -discussions conducted in a manner that puts participants at ease and invites ideas and related experiences
- -opportunity for questions, comments, suggestions
- -identification of follow-up if required
Purpose of Post Incident Analysis
- -Ident. need for tactical or procedural changes
- -ident. need for increased emphasis on aspects of prevention activity
- -ident. need for increased emphasis on specific training
- -ident. flaws in protective installations or lack thereof
- -ident. need for closer co-operation with other agencies
- -assist individuals and companies in eval. their actions at an incident
PAR=personal accountability reports?
- -going to..
- -all accounted for
Layman's 5 step size up process
- 1. learn the facts
- 2. understand the probabilities
- 3. gain situational awareness
- 4. make a decision
- 5. develop a plan of operation
what are the 3 command priorities?
- -life safety
- -incident stabilization
- -property conservation
List 7 positions that personnel must use CAUTION when placed in
- - above the fire
- -where the fire can move in behind them
- -where they are involved with opposing fire streams
- -where there is limited access (one way in, one way out)
- -operating under involved roof structures
- -in areas containing hazardous materials
- -below grade fires