Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
company that does most of its work online
relocating business processes, such as development and production, to lower cost locations in other contries
Use of components or labor from outside suppliers.
- Analyzes a companies data to determine the most affective way to collect and store it.
- Create databases, data entries, and reports.
- Supervise day to day
Design and test new hardware products, such as computer chips, circuit boards, and peripheral devices.
Creates documentation for large programming projects and writes online manuals.
Takes a disciplined approach to developing software that is reliable, efficient, affordable, user friendly, and scalable.
- Plans, installs and maintains one or more local area networks.
- These specialists also provide network accounts and access rights to approved users
(Value-added reseller) combines commercially available products with specialty hardware or software to create a computer system designed to meet the needs of a specific industry.
Contains information that is outside normal or acceptable range.
Combines, groups, or total data. It can have stuff like annual revenue.
Ad Hoc Report
(Demand report) Is a customized report, generated to supply specific information not available in scheduled reports.
(TPS) provides a way to collect, process, store, display, modify, or cancel transactions.
Decision Support System
(DSS) Helps people make decisions by directly manipulating data, analyzing data from external sources, generating statistical projections, and creating data models or various scenarios.
Batch Processing vs. OLTP
- Collect and hold a group of transactions until the end of the day or payment period. Needs no human intervention.
- Needs steps to be completed
(Knowledge-based system) A computer system designed to analyze data and produce a recommendation, diagnosis, or decision based on a set of facts and rules.
Simulates the brain.
(Program Evaluation and Review) Tallies up time and then decides how long the project will take.
(work Breakdown Structure) Breaks task into series of tasks.
Represents length of project with bar.
SDLC/Phases of the SDLC
- (System development life cycle)
Centralized vs Distributed Processing
Ensures that it operates reliably and correctly
Insures module operates together properly
Ensures all hardware and software components work together.
Collection of information
(Database Management System) refers to software that is designed to manage data stored in a database.
Responsible for data from more than one database
the process of analyzing existing database information to discover previously unknown and potentially useful information, including relationships and patterns.
The number of associations between two record types
A markup language that allows field tags, data, and tables to be incorporated into a web document.
Helps store data with increasing efficiency. Minimizes data redundancy.
field that contains data unique to a record.
A foreign key is a field in a relational table that matches a candidate key of another table. The foreign key can be used to cross-reference tables.
(Structured Query Language) Intermediate between database data and user
- create database/table
- add, modify, delete data
- retrieve, join data
High-Level vs. Low-Level Languages
- Command words and grammar based on human language to provide what computer scientists call a level of abstraction that hides the underlying low-leveled assembly or machine language
- typically includes commands specific to a particular CPU or Microprocessor family. Needs writer.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Generation Languages
- short command
- command words
- decorative language
- Defines certain elements that must be manipulated to achieve a result or goal.
- Specifies assumptions
- Clearly specifies unknown
- Specifies when solved
Set of steps written down to achieve something
Variable vs. Constant
Changes and does not
GoTo vs. GoSub
- is a statement found in many computer programming languages. It is a combination of the English words goand to. It performs a one-way transfer of control to another line of code; in contrast a function call normally returns control. The jumped-to locations are usually identified using labels, though some languages use line numbers. At the machine code level, a goto is a form of branch or jump statement.
- is a command in many versions of the BASIC computer programming language. A GOSUB statement jumps to a line elsewhere in the program. That line and the following lines up to a RETURN are used as a simple kind of a subroutine without (sometimes with) parameters or local variables.
Syntax, Run-Time, and Logic Errors
- messed up syntax rules
- Unexecutable commands
- Messed up logic or design of program
Mixture of English and favorite programming language
Graphical representation of a computers steps
Programming Control Structures
- Selection: Tells it what to do based on true or false
- Repetition: repeats until complete
- Sequence Control Structures:changes order by telling computer to execute somewhere else
Template for a group of objects with similar characteristics
Defines the characteristics of class
A segment of code that defines an action. End in ()
Passing characteristics from one class to another
(Overloading) Redefine a method in a subclass
process of hiding the internal details of objects and their methods
- (Software development kit) Language specific for specific programs.
- (integrated development environment) Type of SDK that packages a set of development tools in a sleek package
- (Visual Development environment) provides programmers with tools to build substantial sections of a program by pointing and clicking.