Salvage and Overhaul.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are two main control valves for sprinkler systems?
- Outside stem and Yoke valve (OS&Y)
- Post Indicator Valve
What are 2 ways of controling water within a house after putting out the fire?
- Water Chute
- Water catch all
What are two ways of folding salvage covers?
- Dry fold (accordion)
- Wet fold
When you dry fold a salvage cover in the accordion, how long should the fold be?
What are the 3 ways of spreading salvage covers?
- One person throw
- 2 man baloon
- Counter payoff
How do you attach 2 salvage covers?
- - spread 1 salvage cover out
- - fold 1 edge back 30CM
- - Lay out the 2nd salvage cover so the 2 edges meet
- - Roll the folded edge backuntil the salvage covers meet
How do you carry a used salvage cover?
The Santa Clause carry
How do you set up a pike pole water chute?
- - spread out alvage cover
- - place pike pole on diagonals in the 2 top corners
- - fold tarp over pike pole, then role the tarp towards the middle
- - turn overthe entire setup so it does not unroll
What are a few ways you can make a water chute?
- - pike poles
- - ladder
- - stairway
How do you unroll a hall runner?
What is the normal size of a salvage cover at CFD?
3M x 4M
What are the 2 different types of salvage covers?
- 1. Closely woven, waterproof canvas
- 2. Herculite (lightweight, chemically inert, waterproof)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview