The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the pathology in Bullous Pemphigoid?
- acantholysis and bullae formation
- due to ab to hemidesmosome
Tinea Corporis is identified how?
KOH and see septate hyphae
What infection produces hypopigmented lesions?
Mallesseiza Fur Fur--forming Tinea Versicolor
Ascending lymphangitis is for what infection?
What is cigar shaped yeast?
How does a rash of Measles presetn?
- rash starts at the head and spreads down
- preceded by cough, coryza, conjunctivits,koplik spots on the buccal mucosa
Umbilicated lesions are seen with what virus?
Pox virus--replicates int eh cytoplasm
Scabies is casued by what?
burrowing mite in the epidermis which causes intense pruritis due to an allergic response
- pruritic papulovesicular rash with crusting
- Asthma, allergic rhinits
Atopic dermatitis is what hypersensitivity?
Nail pitting is seen in conjunction with what condition?
- producing silvery papules and plaques
- Auspitz sign..
Psoriasis plaques are seen where on the body?
hyperpigmentation associated with pregnancy or OCP use
What is vitiligo?
abs destroying Melanocytes producing areas of depigmentation
cause for albinism?
- decrease in tyrosinase
- failure of neural crest cells to migrate
Phenylalanine and tyrosine hydroxylase need what cofactor?
- erythomatous papule
- precursor to SCC
How does BCC present?
- pearly papule with rolled edges and central depression that could ulcerate with telangiectasia
- Doesnt metastesize
What is seen on LM with BCC?
nests of palisading cells
Chronic draining sinuses predispose tow what?
Best indicator for prognosis of Melanoma?
depth of invasion
Drug rash presents how?
- wheal(hive)--transietnt vesicle
- TYpe I--mast cell degranulation
- acanthosis--s. spinosum hyperplasia and pigmentation of epidermis due to
- 1. Malignancy--lung, gastric
- 2. Hyperglycemia
- inflammation of subcutaneous fat due to
- disseminated fungal infection
Mees lines are due to what?
- arsenic poisoning
- other heavy metal poisoning