Act Two: Gods Purpose in History
- Seven seals are broken by the lamb:
- the white horse - conquest, war on others
- the red horse - the rider permitted to take peace from earth, war again
- the black horse - famine, often represented by a pair of scales
- the pale green horse - color of death, outcome of war
- the martyrs - the suffering that the faithful are going through will continue, saw the slaughtered people, speaking directly to Christian people being prosecuted. Message of Hope, hope is coming.
The eschatological events - apocalyptic woes.
- The sealing of the saints - 144,000 saints are sealed, 12 tribes of 12,000, metaphor for isreal (the perfect people of God). Only a symbol, sense of complete church made up of the saved ones.
- The Seventh seal - Silence