Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Lymphogranuloma Venereum presents how?
What causes it?
- with enlarged inguinal l. nodes
- Chlamydia Trachomatic L1-L3
What is the whiff test?
KOH releases fishy odor
What kind of lesions du cat scatch causes?
How is carotenemia different from jaundice?
carotenemia doesnt have yellow sclera
Causes of endocarditis?
3 conditions which give MVP?
- Friedrich's ataxia
HCM is due to what mutation?
beta myosin heavy chain
Heart conditions in Marfans?
What kind of dislocation of lens is seen in Marfans?
3 causes of Homocysteinuria?
- 1- no cystathione synthase
- 2- decrease affinity for pyridoxine by cystathione synthase
- 3- Homocysteine methyltransferase deficiency
Presentation of homocysteinuria?
- similar to marfans i.e tall stature, lens subluxation
- BUT there is MR, Osteoporosis and high homocysteine in urine
Rx for Hereditary Spherocytosis?
Howel Jowell Bodies are seen where?
What action denatures folate?
Extremem Microwave heating
Vit B12 is needed for what 2 reactions?
- methyl malonyl Coa to Succinyl Coa
- methionine to Homocysteine
Pyridoxine is needed for what 2 conditions?
- to prevent INH toxicity to neurons and hypatocytes
- as a cofactor for AAAD which breaks do
Easy bruisibility + menorrhagia is what?
Difference between Leukemoid rxn and Leukemia?
- Leukemia has basophils and splenomegaly
- Leukemoid rxn has high alkaline phosphotase and there is infection
How do you treat HMD?
WHat is a cholesteatoma with Otits media?
exudate filled with desquamated squamous epithelium
Acute or chronic pancreatitis has fat malabsorption?
What differentiates RA from OA in terms of osteoarthtis duration?
RA has longer morning stiffness
Which has reduced joint space? RA or OA?
Juvenile RA has Rheumatoid factor?
Risk of Enchondroma?
Secondary osteosarcoma is secondary to?
Pagets disease--nerve entrapmnet
Tumor around knee joint with giant cells in the epiphyseal region?
- Giant--soap bubble
- aneurysmal bone cyst
What neoplasm gives rise to MG?
How can one get calcium oxalate stones as opposed to calcium phosphate?
get oxalate from ethylene glycol ingestion
How do you monitor Mg toxicity?
look for deep tendon reflexes
Rx for psoriasis?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview