Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Indication & Role
- Lowers LDLs 15-20% as monotherapy
- In combo w/ high-dose simvastatin LDLs lowered 60%
- Inhibits jejunal transport of cholesterol may cause reflexive cholesterol synthesis increase.
- If taken with simvastatin it could lower LDLs
- Oral tab
- Combo w/ simvastatin in various strengths (Vytorin)
- 1. Water insoluble, absorbed in the intestine and into enterohepatic recirculation
- 2. 70% excreted in feces, 10% in urine
Rare allergic rxns.
- Used in combo with a statin.
- Rarely used as monotherapy
- Contraindicated w/ bile-acid sequestrants
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview