The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Budesonide, dry powder
- Fluticasone, dry powder and pressurized aerosol
- Mometasone, dry powder
- Suppress local inflammatory response
- Controller medication for asthma
- Considered the first line treatment for asthma with the exception of intermittent or exercise induced bronchospasm (EIB)asthma.
- Most effective anti-inflammatory medication, along with systemic corticosteroids, for asthma.
- Risk of SEs increase with increasing dose
- Oral candidiasis
- Dysphonia (difficulty using voice)
- Reduced bone density (especially in women)
- Minor reduction in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism
- Skin thinning
- Potentially hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal axis suppression but generally clinically insignificant
- Acute exacerbation or status asthmaticus
- Rinse mouth & spit after use to decrease candidiasis infx