Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- IgG monoclonal antibody which inhibits IgE binding to the high-affinity IgE receptor on mast cells and basophils.
- The activation and release of mediators in the allergic response are decreased.
Asthma refractory to standard therapy
- “Box warning” for anaphylaxis occurring 2-24hrs after administration
- Only given in healthcare setting by trained personnel with supplies available to treat anaphylaxis
- Patients also are required to have injectable epinephrine available at home and instructed on its use
- Monitor patients who are at risk for helminth infections may exacerbate
- Acute bronchospasm
- Status asthmaticus
- None documented at current time
- Note – has not been documented to be cost effective treatment. Optimal use and indication still not clearly
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview