Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Respiratory Sound
- Vomiting Sound
- Odor of the Patient
- Odor of the Excreta
- Odor of the Ward
Variation Reflects nature of illness and Healthy Energy
- Loudness of Voice
- Change of intonation
- Groaning- Pain
- Husky Voice or Aphonia
- Taciturnity generally signifies a Deficiency, Cold Syndrome.
- Fretfulness and talkativness generally signify an Excess, or Heat Syndrome.
- Fading Murmuring signifies a Deficient Syndrome.
- Delerium signfies an Excess Syndrome.
- Soliloquy is a Sx of Paraphasia; signfies Yin Syndrome, or an Obstruction of HT Aperature by Phlegm Condensation.
- Ravings signify a Yang Syndrome.
- Dysphasia signifies the covering up of Lucid Aperature by Wind-Phlegm, or the obstruction of Vss Collaterals by Wind-Phlegm.
- LU is in charge of Vital Energy.
- KD Governs the reception of Air.
- Therefore, IAW TCM, abnormalities of respiration reflect the pathologic changes of LU & KD primarily.
- Feeble Breath.
- Gruff Breath.
- Shortness of Breath.
- Deficiency of Breath.
- Weak & Thin- Def of LU & KD Qi, Internal Injury.
- Strong & Coarse- Excess Heat which obstructs Throat.
- Frequent Sighs- Stagnation of LR Qi.
- Hiccup & Belching- Rebellious Qi of ST.
Breath: Wheezing & Coughing
- Coarse, high-pitched Wheezing=Excess
- Weak, Low-pitched Wheezing=Def
- Loud, Explosive Cough=Excess
- Weak Cough=Def
- Dry Cough=LU Yin Def
2' Severe adverse uprising of ST Energy. Sound is Low, long, and Gruff; but does not occur repeatedly.
- ...with sour fetid odor usually signifies a sthenic, heat syndrome, and often caused by Retention of Food or Dyspepsia.
- ...with Sonorous sound but no putrid odor is usually 2' Hyperactivity of LR Energy which invades ST.
- Frequent, odorless Eructation with Low Sound is usually 2' by Debility of SP-ST.
- Odor of the Patient.
- Odor from the Mouth.
- Odor of Respiration.
- Odor from the Nose.
- Odor of the Body.
- Odor of the Excreta.
- Odor of the Ward.
- Excess Gasping 2' Excess LU Heat, or the Retention of Phlegm-Fluid in the Chest.
- Deficiency Gasping 2' Debility of LU-KD Energy.
- External Pathogen- Wind, Cold, Heat, Dryness, Dampness, Fire.
- Internal Disorders- Deficiency, Excess.
This indicates invol, loud, high-pitched sound w/ short duration thru throat 2' Adverse upward rushing ST Energy.
- 1. Successive, loud, energetic hiccup which breaks out repeatedly signifies Excess Heat Syndrome.
- 2. Low, Feeble Hiccup which breaks out intermittantly & Infrequently signifies Def, or Cold Syndrome.
- 3. Sudden onset Hiccups in Protracted illness or in critical condition signifies Collapse of ST Qi.