Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Left= Yin, Blood, Essence- HT, LR, KD
Right=Yang, LU, SP, KD
Morning best time to feel pulse.
Three Levels of Pulse Feeling:
- Touching indicates to feel pulse lightly or superficially.
- Searching indicates to feel pulse w/ moderate pressing.
- Pressing indicates to feel pulse w/ heavy pressing.
Duration of Pulse Feeling:
- Count 50 beats, at least.
- It should not be shorter than 1 min.
- In order to find out whether there is Knotted Pulse, Intermittant Pulse, or Running Pulse, etc., 2-3 min may be required.
Procedure of Pulse Feeling:
- Find out the locales of Inch, Bar, & Cubit, and the Level of their Touching, Searching, & Pressing.
- Measure the Pulse Frequency and assess its Rythmycity.
- Feel whether it is Long or Short, Large or Small, Energetic or Feeble, Stringy or Slippery, etc.
Cun, Guan, Chi= HT, LR, KD
- Inch, Bar, Cubit= LU, SP, KD
Distinguish Pulse Condition in Eight Qualities:
Characteristics of Normal Pulse-Ping Mai
Normal Pulse Condition:
- Adults: 4:1bpm/respiration
A Normal Pulse is...
- Even, Rythmic, Energetic.
- It is full of Vitality (Shen), Stomach Qi, & Rooted.
- The Existence of KD Energy or Vital Gate Fire.
- Pulse without Vitality, ST Energy, or Rooted is a poor prognostic indicator.
Variations of the Radial Artery Location:
- Radial Artery may be ectopic- somewhere else for this patient.
- Some patients have the radial artery on the dorsum.
Factors influencing the Pulse Condition:
- Physical activity.
- Seasonal/Climatic-Spring-Wiry, Summer-Floody, Fall-Floating, Winter-Deep.
Six Yin Pulses:
Cun, Guan, Chi of both sides is congenitally deep and thready, without disorders- a normal pulse.
Six Yang Pulses:
Cun, Guan, Chi of both sides is congenitally full and large without disorders- normal pulse.