Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Indirect sympathomimetics (8)
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
- Atomoxetine (Straterra)
- Modafinil (Provigil)
Amphetamine Therapeutic Use (3)
- Obesity (short acting)
Amphetamine MOA (2)
- Inhibits reuptake of DA and NE, more DA and NE available for transmission in prefrontal cortex
- Reverses action of NET.
Amphetamines and noradrenergic pathway
Increases neurotransmission originating in locus coeruleus
Amphetamines in dopaminergic pathway
Enhances transmission in the ventral tegmental area, projecting to nucleuc accumbens (pleasure center)
Amphetamine adverse effects (4)
Amphetamine drug interactions (3)
- Acidifying agents - increase urinary excretion
- Alkalinizing agents - potentiate their effect
- Tricyclic antidepressans - increase in [AMP] in brain, increased CV effects
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview