Podiatry Boards Part II
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some advanges of STSG of full thickness skin grafting?
- LEss vascularity is required for the STSG to take.
- Getting the graft is easier and less invasive
- The patient needs to keep the graft immobilized for less time than full thickness graft.
Why do STSG's most often fail?
Hematoma or seroma, infection, shearing ,or improper wound bed preperation.
This incision goes from the navicular and wraps around the foot to the sinus tarsi
Cincinatti - I hear this is used for Clubfoot and vertical Talas
What can be done to decrease bleeding from the donor site when taking a STSG?
Inject local with epi usaully I have read about 0.5% marcaine with epi. I see this infected before the harvest.
What is the advantage of using the mesher?
- Tissue will cover greater deficit
- Hematoma and seroma can drain
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview