- Wilson's peace on the issues of progressivism and peace came apart after the war
- Workers resented the administration's hostility to the postwar strikes
- Ethnic groups brutalized by the Americanization of the war years blamed Wilson for the war or condemmed his peace settlement.
- Farmers didn't loke the wartime price controls, no did they like the fact that they went into debt when the war ended
- Warren Harding (Republican) called for "normalacy"
- Democrats nominated James Cox to continue Progressivism
Historical Significance: Harding, like Grant, named his friends who caused problems, and even though he won by a large margin, afterwards, nobody wanted him back in office because many scandals happened during his time.