Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What is resiliency?
-Risk factors that a child has but they do not get the mental illness
What are the diffient developmental disorders?
- -Mental Retardation
- -Pervasive developmental delay
- -Learning Disorders
- -Communication Disorders
What is mental retardation?
- -axis II
- -IQ less than 70
- - Impairemnts in performing age-expected activities
What is Austim?
- -Axis 1
- -Early age of onset, before 30 months
- -Multiple delays
- -Stereotypical behaviors
What is aspergers?
- -PDD, Axis 1
- -Normal or high IQ
- -Less severe delays
What are learning disorders?
-Reading, writing, or speaking delays
What are communication disorders?
-Formation or comprehension of language delay
What are interventions for austism?
- -Foster development
- -provide skills
What is ADHD?
- -They dont finish things, low self esteem, angry outbursts.
- -Common in school age
- -Impulsiveness, inattention, and over activity and recklessnes
- -Symptoms must be there at least 6 months
What is the first line treatment of ADHD?
What are interventions for ADHD?
- -Provide support, guidance and education
- -Low stimulus
- -Maintain consistent schedule and set clear limits
- -Reward short term
What is oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)?
- -Most common in preschool children
- -enduring pattern of disobedience and acting out, tests limits, low frustration level
- Interventions: Work with parents, matter of fact
What is conduct disorder?
-Violations of social standards, mean to animals, lack of remorse, fire setting
What is IED?
-Intermittent explosive disorder
What is separation anxiety?
- -excessive and profound anxiety upon separation from home or major attachment figure
- -May refuse to leave home or attend school
What is a Tic Disorder?
- -Motor or phonic tics
- -can suppress but will pop out
- -increases with stress, decreases with concentration
What is enuresis?
- -voiding that is not normal
- -Can give TCAs for bladder retention
What is anorexia nervosa?
- -Suppression of appetite
- -Restrictors and vomiter-purgers.
- -May use laxative, diuretics, pills. Will exercise more and eat less.
- -Doesnt believe they have a problem
What is bulimia nervosa?
- -Recurent episodes of binge eating
- -Large calories
- -May use marker food
- -More willing to seek help
What are interventions for eating disorders?
- -Dont let them see weight, increase to at least 90% of average weight for weight
- -Limit activity
- -Set limits
- -Involve family
- -Refeeding needs to be done slowly
- -Dont focus on food
What are simulants for ADHD?
- -Ritalin most commonly prescribed
- -Slight increase in BP and HR
- -Decrease in weight