ISOLATION OF DNA
1) What kind of tissue was used to
obtain the DNA?
2) What was the purpose of grounding
3) What was in the filtrate
4) What happened when the
dishwashing liquid was added?
5) What happened next when 95%
ethanol was added?
6) What did the isolated DNA look
like in the test tube?
- 1) Thymus Gland
- 2) To break down the plasma membrane of the Thymus
- 3) Water, nuclei, and cellular debris
- 4) It broke down the nuclear membrane, releasing the DNA (not visible to the nakedeye)
- 5) Caused the DNA to precipitate out. (visible)
- 6) White stringy material