The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How many major injuries were reported in the AV industries in 2010/2011?
In 2010/11, there were 49 major injuries reported in the AV industries.
What happens in case of injury?
All injuries must be reported and may lead to an investigation by the Health & Safety Executive.
What could happen if an injury is reported?
If an injury is reported it could lead to an investigation by the Health and Safety Executive.
Who does handle an investigation if an injury has been reported?
The investigation is handled by the Health and Safety Executive.
To what does Health and safety legislation apply?
Health and Safety legislation applies to all work activities in the UK. (Whether conducted by UK nationals, or foreigners, even if they are not being paid).
What it is going to happen if an accident happens?
If an accident happens and I am found not to have taken reasonable care of others, I could be prosecuted.
Why is H&S so important?
To protect myself and to protect the others.
Failure to comply with H&S regulations may lead to…
Injury or even death
Injury and death can lead to…
- Prosecution by civil or criminal law
- Not being compensated for injury
- Losing your job
- Not being employed in the AV industries
What are the things to know about UK H&S legislation?
- - This legislation is one of the strictest in the world
- - They pursue criminal sanctions
- - HSE and the environmental health officers of local authorities are allowed to conduct inspections without notices and serve notices for improvements
- - All parties involved can be prosecuted in the case of an accident
What are HSE and the environmental health officers of local authorities allowed to do ?
They can conduct inspections without notices and serve notices for improvements
What are the employer duties ?
- He has to ensure health and safety of employees and others
- He has to take reasonable precautions to prevent accidents
- He has to establish formal emergency procedures
- He has to provide H&S training to employees
What are the employee duties ?
- He has to take reasonable care of themselves and others
- He has to co-operate with employer
- He has to use properly the items provided for H&S
- He has to report defects
- He has to report any accident
What are the things to remember if you are working as an independent producer ?
- If you run a production team, you are an employer!
- Written H&S policy is required for AV productions with more than 5 people
- Safety implications need to be considered in the proposal
- All risks have to be identified if this risk arises only from the work and actions employees are doing
Written H&S policy is required for …
Written H&S policy is required for AV productions with more than 5 people
Safety implications need to be …
Safety implications need to be considered in the proposal
What does Eric stand for ?
- Eliminate the risk
- Reduce the likelihood
- Isolate the risk