Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- systemic reflection on and analysis of morality
- discipline of study to articulate clear, consistent, coherent, and practical guidelines for conduct and character
- "what is good?"
- duties and values
- right and wrong conduct, good and bad character
- protection of cherished values
history of medical ethics
Prince hammurabi of babylon recorderd responsibilites of health care providers in 1727 BC
Hindu- respect gentelness dignity
Ancient greece "primum non nocere" or "first, do no harm"
judged the atrocities done in medical experimentation by nazi doctors
code-emphasized individual rights and autonomy
- do no harm
- obtain skills education competence
- refrain from substance abuse
- perform only medically indicated exams (low energy exposure)
- keep up on current literature
- Seek to benefit patients not just "not harm them"
- more comprehensive than nonmaleficence
- minimize pain (physiologic) and suffering (psychologic)
the right of self determination
persons capability to formulate express and carry out value based preferences
Respect for persons
respect for autonomy of individuals and protect thoes with diminished autonomy
autonomy based right
Veracity and Intergrity
- Veracity= truthfulness
- Integrity= adherence to moral and ethical principles (to bring together)... what you think, say, and do
ethical principle that requires fair distribution of benefits and burdens
- treat patients equally
- use of a translator
obligation of caregivers to protect clinical information about pts from unauthorized access
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview