Comparative Test 4 (C2)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Fish have a _____ chambered heart receives _____ and increases pressure enough to drive it through the gills and on into the body.
- low pressure venous blood
What is the sinus venosus?
- Thin walled compartment before heart
- Blood collects in it.
_____ is the first chamber of the heart, slightly thicker walls, valves at each end.
Describe the ventricle.
- Second chamber of the heart.
- Thicker muscular walls for pumping blood.
Describe the conus arteriosus.
- Thick walled compartment after the ventricle.
- Has several tiers of valves to prevent backflow.
_____ aortic arches are transformed into branchial circulation.
Describe branchial circulation.
- Afferent branchial arteries take blood from heart to gills.
- Collector loops receive aerated blood from gills.
- Efferent branchial arteries take aerated blood to dorsal aorta.
What are the different branches of the dorsal aorta and what do they supply?
- Median visceral - to digestive tract and derivatives (celiac and mesenteric arteries)
- Lateral visceral - to gonads and kidneys (gonadial and renal)
- Intersegmental - to body wall and appendages.
Blood from the abdominal viscera drains into _____ to the hepatic portal vein into the liver. From the liver, two _____ carry blood to the sinus venosus.
- hepatic veins
In the venous system, kidneys and trunk are drained by _____.
In the venous system, appendages are drained by _____.
Lateral abdominal veins
In the venous system, the head is drained by _____ and _____.
- Anterior cardinals
- Inferior Jugulars
All of the venous system drain into the _____ which lead to the _____.
- Paired common cardinals
- Sinus venosus
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview