Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
what kind of material is this scupture?
- Apollo from Veii
- ca.510-500BC (Etruscan Art)
- its made out of teracota.
- etruscan pollo wakes up at 5:10BC
- Temple of Fortuna Virilis.
- Roma, Italy. ca 75.BC Roman art
- 7columns by 5 rows that roman buit BC.
NAME-COUNTRY-YEAR-ART-TYPE-Wath volcano destroy pompeii?
- Dionysiac Mystery frieze
- Pompeii, Italy ca.60-50BC (Roman art)
- Mount Vesuvius destroyed pompeii.
- 60 romans left because the volcano ruined the party BC.
NAME-COUNTRY-YEAR-what procession is on this.
- Ara pacis Augustane
- Rome, Italy. 13-9 BC.(Roman art)
- "PAX ROMANA" time of roman piece
- this shoe box fits 13 outofluck romans before christ.
what is the other name for it?
- the colosseum
- Rome, italy. ca AD 70-80 (roman art)
- the other name is flavian amphitheater.
- the romans build 70 windows for this flavor.
what significance is this arch?
- Arch of Titus
- Rome, Italy. AD 81 (roman art)
- its a TRIUMPHAL ARCH
- his brothes was 81 years old when he died so AD he built this for him in his triump.
the column equal one and the statue is a 12 feet roman after his death in spiral like solomons.
what does the size of the column represent?
- Column of Trajan
- Rome, Italy. AD 112 (roman art)
- it represents the size of the hill that was taken away bucket by bucket from where its stands.
NAME-COUNTRY-YEAR-what is the center opening called? At 1:18 pm the sum shines pretty through the oculus roman eye+ pantheon is death.
- The Pantheon
- Rome, Italy. AD 118-125 (roman art)
- The Oculus-"the eye" round central opening of a dome.
what material are they made from?
these roman midgets are 3 feet and 5 in tall after they died.
- Portrait of the Tetrarchs
- AD 118-125 (Roman Art)
- Made from Porphyry-a purple material only for kings.
what impact did constantine have? after his death only 3 pieces of him where left they were 15 feet tall.
- Portrait of Constantine in the basilica nova
- Rome, Italy. AD 315-330 (roman art)
- He was the ruler that established christianity.
what terms may relate? approximately 32 christian build this really early in the morning.
- Old St. Peter's Basilica
- Rome, Italia begun ca 320 (early christian art) Catacombs may be underneath.
what is inside this church?
theres been 33 wedding and 7 funerals at this circular church.
- Santa Constanza
- Rome, Italy 337-351 (early christian art)
- there is a porphyry sarchaphogus of constantines daughters and its has vault.
Who restored this place? what 3 types is ti? there are 3 arab signs and 2 angels in this bee color building.
- Hagia Sophia
- Istanbul, Turkey 532-537 (byzantine art)
- Justinian restore it and its bizantine,constatinople, turkey.
what symbol is on the shield?
justinian had 5 servants and they were 47 years old beez.
- Justinian and attendants
- San Vitale, Ravenna, Italy ca.547
- (byzantine art)
- the symbol on the shield is CHI-RO chist monogram.
5 of the sheeps were bitten by 33 beez.
- Apse Mosaic
- Saint' Appolinare in classe, Ravenna, Italy
- 533-549 (byzantine art)
the service begins at 10:00 each morning if u miss it 63 lions will eat you and the gold turns to beez.
- Saint Mark's
- Venice, Italy-begun 1063 (byzantine art)
there are 6 islams guys that play 8 times a day at the 7 lucky doors.
- Dome of Rock,
- Jerusalem, 687-692 (islamic art)
this keltic cross looks like a 9 and it has 2 sides and 3 pics on the bottom its suxs that its big or else i buy it.
- Muiredach's Cross
- 923 (hiberno-saxon art)
This illuminatig gold manuscript is caro cuz its aproximately 8 petals on the carolina flower and 70 gems all around it.
- Lindau Gospels
- ca, 870 (carolingian art)
what does this resemble?
- Lorsch, Germany 9th century (carolingian art)it resembles a triumphal arch.
this german door was made by otto sirgo and its has 10 square drawings and its 15 feet tall.
- Bronze Doors of Bishop Bernward
- saint michael's hildesheim, Germany.
- 1015 (ottonian art)
this FRENCH/ROMANESQUE church looks exatly like a cross the crossing tower is 10 storys high and its has 70 windows like the colluseum.
- Saint sernin
- Toulouse, France 1070-1120 (romanesque art)
this ITALIANO AMBROSIO has 2 towers that look like an 11. and its Romanesque se parese a st peters.
- Sant' Ambrogio
- Milan, Italy late 11th to early 12th century
- (romanesque art)
its has two towers that look like an 11 and they almost look the same in the towres 15 frenchies ring the bell for they look like romanesque.
- Saint Etienne
- Caen, France 1115-1120 (romanesque art)
ignore the rose windon on this romanesque cathedral because its in england, nana jonie goes to its 10 times a day eventhough she is 93 years old.
- Durham Cathedral
- England, begun ca 1093 (romanesque)
gilbert iso esto for the french to repent a las 11:20 de la maniana.
- Gislebertus, Last Judgment Tympanum
- saint, lazare, autun, France
- 1120-1135 (romanesque)
este jam statue tiene puros guys chales..este frances esta le gusta ninos de 11 a 45 anos. chales.
- Jamb statues, Chartres cathedral.
- chartres, France 1145-1155
- (french Gothic)
this one is ofcourse gothic and french cuz its has 12 petal on the rose that tells 30 stories of the bible chales es chartless.
- Rose Window
- Chartres cathedral, chartres, France
- ca 1230 (french Gothic art)
Mr reins es un french guy that likes only girls in his gothic cathedral most of them are only 12 years old up to30 anos.
- Jamb Statues Reims cathedral-
- Reims, France ca. 1230 (frenceh Gothic art)
the 12 foot tower looks like big ben and its leaning 20 degrees to the left. the gothis really messed it up.
NAME-COUNTRY-YEAR-TYPEART-what is not right from this church?
- Salisbury cathedral, salisbury england
- 1220-1258 (english gothic art) its crossing tower leans.
el italiano lorenzo iso este gothic bien feo con un chingo de colores en la puerta. y 13 escalones en los lados y 10 arches en las puertas.
- Lorenzo Maitani, Orvieto cathedral
- orvieto Italy begun 1310 (late medieval/italian gothic)
what did caracalla do to this pic of his bro?
Damnatio Demoriae: those who oppose roman senate memorials are demolish and names erase.