- License remains in effect as long as license fee paid & CE requirements met
- If lapses, within 12 months from due date, reinstate license license w/o passing written exam; double unpaid renewal fee required.
- Change of address within 30 days
- Not required if no commission is made
- Temporary license not to exceed 180 days (6 months) This amount is given so if the licensed personal is unable to perform they can issue the temporary license so that staff can be trained.
- You can be exempt if a person applies for license in Hawaii who previously licensed for same lines in another state shall not be required to complete any prelicensing education of examination.
- In order to Renew license you need to complete required number of CE credits within 23 months
Unfair Practices & Frauds
- Misrepresentation of insurance policies
- False information and advertising
- Defamation: putting any false, critical, and/or derogatory information in circulation
- Unfair Discrimination
Reporting & Accounting for Premiums responsibilites
- every licensed producer & adjuster is fiduciary (relationship to client for trust & confidence)
- Must have funds maintained in federally insured account with bank in Hawaii; not required to maintain separate bank accounts for each insurere or person entitles to funds as long as there are accurate records