Psychology final (2)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is psychotherapy?
- Insight therapies: talk therapy
- Behavior therapies: changing overt behavior
- Biomedical therapies: biological functioning interventions
What is the goal for insight therapies?
Discover unresolved unconscious conflicts: free association, dream analysis, interpretation, transference
What is Client-Centered Therapy?
- Carl Rogers
- Goal: restructive self-concept to better correspondto reality
- therapeutic climate: genuineness, unconditional positive regard, empathy
What are Behavior Therapies?
- B.F. Skinner and colleagues
- Goal: unlearning maladaptive behavior and learning adaptive ones
- Systematic Desensitization
- Aversion therapy
- Time out
- Exposure and Response Prevention
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview